Join the Team
We are a dynamic and forward thinking Legal 500 Firm with offices in Doncaster and Sheffield. Established for over 100 years, we have weathered the drastic changes in the legal landscape and have emerged as one of the most vibrant and respected law firms in the region. Introducing radical changes in the way we deliver our services and our constant search for innovative ways of meeting our clients’ needs stand us apart in the legal market.
If you would like to contribute to the success of a growing firm which embraces contemporary working methods, while simultaneously respecting the tradition of a happy and healthy working environment which provides security, job satisfaction and a place to fulfil your own ambition to grow and succeed – then we are looking for you.
Due to our track record of success and continuous expansion, we are currently looking to fill the following positions in our Doncaster and Sheffield offices.
Experienced Residential Conveyancer
We are currently looking for an experienced Residential Conveyancer to join our team based in our Sheffield Office.
The successful candidate must have at least 2 years relevant experience.
Able to manage a general residential caseload from initial instruction through to post completion unaided to include sales and purchase, plot sales and acquisitions, lease extensions as well as secured lending matters, transfer of equity, remortgages and first registration of title.
Drafting complex legal instruments including residential leases, contracts and related documents
The ability to maintain and develop relationships with locate Estate Agents and Financial Advisors and other introducers. Acting for a wide range of clients including portfolio management.
Salary dependent on experience.
We are currently looking for a Legal Secretary to join our team based in our Doncaster Thorne Road Office.
Please note that this is an indicative but not an exhaustive list of the duties attached to this role:
- Supporting a team of Fee Earners within the Firm
- Document production including audio typing and preparing reports Using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Billing and completions preparation where applicable
- Picking up general day to day admin and PA duties including filing and email management
- Amending and formatting legal documentation
- Providing support to additional fee earners on an ad hoc basis, to cover for PA holiday absences in the team
- Answering the phones, dealing with enquiries from clients, colleagues and third parties and effectively transferring the information
- Any other tasks delegated by the Head of Department and/Practice Manager
Experienced Legal Cashier / Accounts Clerk – Full or Part Time
We are currently looking for a Legal Cashier / Accounts Clerk to join our team based in our Doncaster Thorne Road Office.
The role of the Legal Cashier or Accounts Clerk is a very important one to the daily activities of the firm. Experience of working in a law firm or similar environment where numerous transactions are carried out on a daily basis is essential. Knowledge of Solicitors Account Rules is also required. The daily duties will include the following:
- Bank reconciliation
- Financial transactions i.e. transferring money for sale, purchase and other clients' needs
- Creating accounting reports for management
- Assisting the firm's accountants with end of year accounting reports
- Preparing and ensuring that salaries are paid on time
- Calculating and ensuring the firm meets its VAT and other tax liabilities
- Processing card payments from clients
- Month end reconciliations
- Monitoring and actioning bad debts
- Producing WIP reports and printouts
- Assisting the COFA with accounting tasks, reports and other related activities
- Any other relevant duty arising and as directed by the Practice Manager
HOW TO APPLY:
For an Application Form or for a strictly confidential discussion about this position, please contact our Practice Manager, Clare Ashby on 01302 640415 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.